May 14 & 15, 2007
May 16 - 18, 2007
Agendas exist for the spectrometer workshop and the ICC meeting. The agenda of the workshop is arranged in such a way that you can skip certain portions of the meeting if you are not interested. The first day, May 14, will see detailed technical discussions on the characterization and calibration of the SPIRE imaging FTS - if 'phase correction of interferograms' doesn't mean anything to you, you will most likely be very bored during these meetings. In the afternoon, parallel splinter sessions (Pointing and TBD) will be held. The second day, May 15, gives a thorough introduction of the SPIRE imaging FTS to astronomers who are not necessarily experts in FTS. During the early hours of Wednesday, May 16, software demonstrations of the software to process data from the SPIRE imaging FTS will complete the general introduction to the SPIRE imaging spectrometer. Subsequently, an extended ICC meeting with detailed technical discussions about software development will start.
The list of Attendants, the viewgraphs, and Peter Davis' minutes of the SPIRE spectrometer workshop are available on-line, as well as a few photographs:
|Lethbridge Meeting - 14-18 May 2007|
- Meetings will take place at the Lethbridge Lodge which has hotel rooms at the rate of $90 per night (http://www.lethbridgelodge.com/) (single or double occupancy). 25 rooms are reserved for the meeting.
- Type "lethbridge alberta" into http://maps.google.com/ for a map of Lethbridge.
Relevant documents concerning the SPIRE imaging FTS are listed below in order of increasing technical detail: SPIRE_Calibration_Products_v03.pdf
- Processing data from the SPIRE imaging Fourier transform spectrometer, issue 1.0 is the least technical, existing introduction to processing data from the SPIRE imaging FTS.
- A comprehensive overview of the processing pipeline for data from the SPIRE imaging FTS, version 1.0. This will serve as basis for discussion during the first day of the spectrometer workshop when reviewing the overall pipeline.
- SPIRE pipeline description, version 0.2, pages 25 - 29 detail the data processing steps for the SPIRE AOT's.
- Calibration products for SPIRE data processing, draft 0.3 gives an overview of all calibration steps and related products. For the latest status of this document relating to the SPIRE imaging FTS, also refer to www.spire.rl.ac.uk/consortium/icc/product_definitions/. This will serve as basis for discussion during the first day of the spectrometer workshop when reviewing the calibration scheme for the SPIRE iFTS.
- A comprehensive overview of all calibration products for the SPIRE imaging FTS is given in: Calibration products for the SPIRE imaging spectrometer, issue 0.3 This will serve as basis for discussion during the first day of the spectrometer workshop when reviewing the calibration scheme for the SPIRE iFTS.
- SPIRE Fourier transform module description, version 1.5 is a detailed description of the currently available data processing task in the Herschel Common Software System to process data from the SPIRE imaging FTS. This will serve as basis for discussion during the first day of the spectrometer workshop when reviewing the overall pipeline.
User Requirements for software tools to be reviewed during the SPIRE ICC meeting:
- The user requirements document for the visualization of data from the SPIRE imaging spectrometer, version 0.5 will be reviewed and discussed during the SPIRE ICC meeting.
- User requirements for the SPIRE trend analysis, version 0.1 will be reviewed and discussed during the SPIRE ICC meeting.
Please send any comments or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org